No Bake Energy Balls (with ancient grains & super seeds)

When my boys get home from school, they are starving and looking for snacks. I struggle to find options that offer a compromise between something healthy and something sweet... but the recipe I am sharing today checks both boxes! These no bake energy balls are delicious, and they pack a "power punch" that comes from the PC Blue Menu* ancient grains & super seeds blend.


To make these no bake energy balls, you'll need the following ingredients:
  • 1 cup (uncooked) oatmeal (I used quick oats.)
  • 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (So they are not safe to send to school if food allergies are a concern.)
  • 1/4 cup PC Blue Menu* ancient grains & super seeds (You can also up this to 1/3 if you want a big more of a boost.)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp salt
Directions:
  1. Stir all the ingredients together in a large bowl. (I find it easiest to just use my hands.)
  2. Cover, and let chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
  3. Once chilled, roll the mixture into 1" balls. (I used a cookie scoop to measure so that I was able to create 20 uniform balls.)
  4. Enjoy! You can store these energy bites in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.


What's your favourite after-school snack/recipe? I'm always looking for new ideas!

♥ 
Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


*Disclosure - I have partnered with President's Choice and have received compensation for this post. However, as always, all opinions in the post are my own... and this recipe IS one of my boys' favourites.


You may also enjoy this post.

4 comments:

  1. I made this recipe this weekend with sunflower seed butter, so they are safe for school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! My boys aren't fans of sunflower seed butter, but it's a good option for parents whose kids aren't as fussy as mine. lol

      Delete
  2. These look awesome and I think my kids will love them! Can't wait to try them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they like them as much as my boys do. I can't keep them in the house!

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....