Simple Dollar Store First Aid Kit

My boys are very active and spend a lot of time outside during the summer -- which means endless summer scrapes and cuts. In order to be prepared, I wanted to create a fully stocked first aid kit for all their summer injuries. I wanted it to be cheap, and I wanted it to be portable, so I hit the dollar store and put together a perfect first aid kit for under $10. I now have everything I need in one place, I can treat my boys' injuries quickly, and I can send them back into the sunshine. 


My kit contained:

  • a plastic container (for holding all the items)
  • 40 band aids (in various sizes)
  • peroxide (for disinfecting cuts)
  • wipes (for wiping off dirt)
  • medical tape
  • steril gauze
  • scissors




I wanted to keep my kit simple and under $10, but you could also add:

  • tweezers (for splinters and ticks)
  • allergy or pain relief medicine (samples work well because they don't take up much space)
  • disposable plastic gloves
  • antibiotic ointment
  • hand sanitizer
  • cream for bug bites
I used white duct tape and red electrical tape to decorate the top of the kit, but this is totally optional. I had some in my cupboard, so I thought I'd use it!


These kits are very inexpensive, so you could make a bunch of them. They are also super-portable, so you can easily take them from the house, to the car, to the camper, or to the sports field. I have already used my kit several times this summer, and I am loving that everything I need is quickly accessible and in one spot. I highly recommend making one of these kits for your kids. You can't beat something that makes your life a little easier. :-)


Gina
 (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....