Duct Tape Sled

I recently saw a post at Artzy Creations about making a sled out of a box and duct tape.  I instantly knew that this was an activity that my boys would love! Below, I explain how easy and inexpensive it is to recycle an old cardboard box into a super-fun (and fast) duct tape sled.


To make a duct tape sled, you'll need: a cardboard box, 3-4 rolls of duct tape, and scissors and/or an X-Acto knife. (I got my duct tape at the dollar store for $1.25 per roll.)


Start by cutting one side out of a box. We used a 5 cube moving box.

Then, fold one end of the box over, and cut a handle through the two layers. The extra layer of cardboard will make the handle stronger.

Finish by covering the entire sled with duct tape. Make sure to seal all the edges with duct tape, and overlap the tape to ensure that the cardboard will stay dry. You are also going to want to use the tape vertically as much as possible to increase the speed of the sled.


I think this duct tape sled is a fantastic way to recycle an old box. We had fun crafting, and we made a sled for less than $5! Pretty fun, right?


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

5 comments:

  1. We fell in love with duct tape crafts over the summer. This one sounds perfect for the snow we have outside! Plus, I have tons of cardboard boxes I was just going to purge. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog has a lot of friendliness and a warm welcome
    thank you very much

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....