Fun Way to Recycle Plastic Eggs

This is a super fun way to recycle the plastic eggs that are leftover after Easter. With plastic eggs, an empty egg carton, and a sharpie, you can easily create a fun matching game for Preschoolers.


Split the eggs apart, and use a sharpie to write a number on the top half of the egg. Then, use the sharpie to draw a corresponding number of dots on the bottom half of the eggs. 

I have 3 year olds in the weekly Preschool class that I teach, so I used matching tops and bottoms... but if you want to want to make it more difficult for older children, you can mix them up.


Cute, right? You could also use the eggs to help with alphabet recognition by writing an uppercase letter on the top of an egg and a corresponding lower case letter on the bottom of an egg.


This is a fantastic (and fun) way to teach number recognition and counting.


Do you have a little one that would enjoy this game that uses recycled plastic eggs? I love this simple way to teach Preschoolers about numbers!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, I work with first grade students. On the top and bottom of each egg I wrote 1-12. The children can put different eggs in conjunction and add the two digits. In lower grades you could match the numbers. In higher grades you could multiply the numbers or use keep adding the digits. You can also use plastic recycling eggs to shake the dice and for many other different games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a nice efforts.Congratulation about his post.I am impressed from it.Can you more share with me.I will come back as soon.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....